LandXML Reporting Utility installer
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-Wishes/LandXML-Reporting-Utility-installer/td-p/2731897

I have several survey crews in the field doing layout this summer.  They are getting design information from us, and other consultants as xml files.  The problem is that they can only view the data in the raw form, using IE or Firefox.  An xml file could include various types of data so they don't know what they're getting until they upload it to their data collectors.  They don't have access to a computer that could run Civil 3d so that's not an option.

What I would like to do is send them a copy of the LandXML reporting utility, so that they can view and maybe print out the data.  The problem is that as far as I can tell, there is no way to get this program unless you install Civil 3d.  The program will run without a license, so it should be possible to install it independently.  I tried to copy the program's directory to another computer and run it there without success.

Would it be possible to get a link on the support website to an installer for this program?

Thanks,

SBoon
12:04 AM

I haven't actually done it, but it is possible in Excel to apply a Style Sheet. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Aa140055 Not sure if it works though, but possibly something that could work until your wish is granted.

Civil3DReminders
08:50 AM

I have several survey crews in the field doing layout this summer.  They are getting design information from us, and other consultants as xml files.  The problem is that they can only view the data in the raw form, using IE or Firefox.  An xml file could include various types of data so they don't know what they're getting until they upload it to their data collectors.  They don't have access to a computer that could run Civil 3d so that's not an option.

What I would like to do is send them a copy of the LandXML reporting utility, so that they can view and maybe print out the data.  The problem is that as far as I can tell, there is no way to get this program unless you install Civil 3d.  The program will run without a license, so it should be possible to install it independently.  I tried to copy the program's directory to another computer and run it there without success.

Would it be possible to get a link on the support website to an installer for this program?

Thanks,

SBoon
12:04 AM